Imagine yourself drifting down a narrow, winding creek surrounded by a lush, endless, sea of tropical greenery; and all that separates you from the deep black Amazon waters is a canoe hand-carved out of a single tree trunk. The Sacha Lodge operates jungle excursions in 3, 4 or more night programs.
All the cabins have hight thatched roofs and private shaded terraces. This lodge counts with 26 rooms in double, single and triple accomodations with private bathroom.
Sacha Lodge 3 Nights Exploration
Amazon explorers can enjoy a unique expedition adventure, with confort and safety on a 3 night expedition.
Sacha Lodge 4 Nights Exploration
Amazon explorers can enjoy a unique expedition adventure, with confort and safety on a 4 night expedition.
Sacha Lodge Information
Getting to Sacha Lodge
The journey to Sacha begins in Quito, Ecuador's capital city. From here, embark on a 35-minute fight over the majestic snow-capped peaks of the Andes Mountains and then down into the Amazon Basin. Arrive at Puerto Francisco de Orellana, locally know as Coca. A naturalist guide takes guests to Sacha´s private house, with modern facilities, where lunch will be served before being taken down to the docks, where Sacha´s own covered, motorized canoe will be waiting to start on a 2 hour, 50-mile (80 kilometer) journey down the Napo River, one of the Amazon's main tributaries. Upon arrival to Sacha´s 5000 acre (2,500 hectares) private reserve, a 30-minute walk on a raised boardwalk will lead guests to Lake Pilchicocha. Here, board dugout canoes with native paddlers that will carry guests across the lake to Sacha Lodge.
The lodging at Sacha was carefully designed to offer comfort to the traveler yet preserve the environment and the rainforest. All our cabins have high thatched roofs and private shaded terraces; are constructed with traditional materials and nestle, well concealed, into the lush surroundings. Each of the 26 rooms, which include single, double and (upon request) triple accommodations, provides a private bathroom with flushing toilet and hot shower. All cabins are screened against insects, have ceiling fans and two comfortable double beds. During free time, visitors may overlook the jungle from hammocks and often report seeing wild fauna such as toucans, agoutis and monkeys right from their own cabin!
Guests may also enjoy a raised lookout above our main bar and lounge, which offers a scenic view of Pilchicocha Lake and excellent opportunities to birdwatch.
Available services at the lodge:
- Electricity: Throughout the Lodge, 24-hour electricity is provided by a distant, nearly inaudible generator.
- Drinking water: All the drinking water provided at Sacha (including ice) comes from a local well and is purified with both porcelain filters and ozone treatment, the most thorough purifying systems available. This water is tested regularly and has proven perfectly safe for human consumption. If you prefer, however, you may purchase bottled water from the bar.
- Amenities: In your shower you will find dispensers of biodegradable soap and shampoo. Although all runoff water is treated with ozone, we recommend the use of these amenities as an extra measure to protect the environment. You will also be provided with fresh towels each day.
- Laundry: Sacha Lodge now provides laundry service (washing and drying) for our guests. Please consult costs with our lodge administrator.
- Boots and ponchos: Rubber boots and rain ponchos are available for all of our guests at the Lodge, free of charge!
- Communications: In case of emergency, both cellular telephone (BellSouth) and radio communications are available from the lodge. In addition, each of our guides maintains permanent radio contact with the lodge during all excursions and activities.
- First Aid: We keep a complete first aid kit for any minor injuries or ailments you may experience. However, please take any special medications you might need with you. In case of a serious injury or illness, there is a modern medical center located at 20-minute reach of Sacha Lodge.
- Security: At all times we have five staff members on duty patrolling our reserve as park rangers to keep both the lodge and the surrounding environment safe.
- Bar: Drinks are not included in your package, and may be paid on the last night of your stay in cash (U.S. dollars), travelers checks or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). There is no minimum charge for credit card payments.
Sacha´s guests will be divided into groups no larger than six people. Each group will be led be a bilingual naturalist guide, educated in the tropical ecology and biology of the area, and a native Kichwa guide with expert knowledge of the rainforest's medicinal plants and other useful plants utilized by the Kichwa people for centuries. A typical day at Sacha begins at sunrise or earlier, in order to take advantage of the cool morning hours when the rainforest's animals are most active. In the afternoon, excursions begin between 3:00 and 4:00 and often continue into the early evening, when the nocturnal symphony of the rainforests frogs and insects commences.
- All Meals
- Fluvial and Land Transportation
- Bilingual Guides
- Excursions and Activities At The Lodge
- Air Ticket Quito - Coca - Quito ($150,00 Per Person, Subject to Change)
- Yasuni National Park Entrance Fee ($ 25,00 Per Person, Subject to Change )
- Beverages And Tips
- the observation tower
- the canopy walk
- the kapok tower
- Sacha´s butterfly house
- Sacha´s bird walk
- the yasuní national park parrot lick
Wath to bring:
- Passport and personal travel documents
- Comfortable walking shoes or tennis
- Rubber boots and rain ponchos (provided as a courtesy)
- Long pants, 3 or 4 lightweight (not Jeans)
- Long and short sleeved cotton shirts or blouses, 3 or 4
- Windbreaker or sweater
- Cotton socks, a pair per day
- Shorts, 2 or 3
- T-shirts, 3 or 4
- Bathing suit
- Cotton underwear
- Hat or cap
- Suntan lotion
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Binoculars (available for rent)
- Waterproof small backpack
- Insect repellent
- Cameras with extra bateries and memory cards
- Personal first aid kit
- Plastic bags for wet clothes and electronics