The M/Y Grand Odyssey combine Luxury, privacy and comfort in the marvellous setting of the Galapagos Islands. M/Y Grand Odyssey will have a capacity for 16 passengers, it features 8 spacious Galapagos & matrimonial suites (25m2 aprox) and 1 Odyssey Suite (35m2 aprox) equipped with panoramic windows to enjoy the wonderful landscapes of the islands, private bathroom, hot/cold water, air conditioning with independent controls, minibar, TV. Twin beds or one faux queen bed and connected suites for families.
M/Y Grand Odyssey will comply with local and international safety regulations, and sustainable practices to protect the fragility of the Archipelago.
This new yacht will combine luxury, privacy and comfort in the marvellous setting of the Galapagos Islands. M/Y Grand Odyssey will have a capacity for 16 passengers, it features 8 spacious Galapagos & matrimonial suites (25m2 aprox) and 1 Odyssey suite (35m2 approx) equipped with panoramic windows to enjoy the wonderful landscapes of the islands, private bathroom, hot/cold water, air conditioning with independent controls, minibar and TV. Twin beds or one faux king bed and connected suites for families.
Local and International dishes especially designed by our chef, will be served in the cosy atmosphere of our dining room. Our yacht will offer a large solarium with shaded and uncovered areas, two Jacuzzis, comfortable sun loungers and a mini spa offering therapies and massages. Social areas include saloon, mini library and video library and a play zone for kids (during family departures). Snorkeling equipment and kayaks will be available without any extra charge.
The Galapagos Grand Odyssey offers avid travellers the opportunity to experience close encounters with the unique wildlife of the Galapagos Islands. We invite you to join us on board our luxury class yacht and admire the wonders of evolution as you enjoy all the creature comforts of home topped off with world class service.
The best way for a traveller to make the most of their Galapagos vacation time is to cruise around the Islands and experience several visitor sites each day. We offer one of the best planned itineraries on board the best built liveaboard yacht. Our shore excursions have been crafted with care and allow passengers to see up close the Galapagos animals and how they have adapted to the harsh island conditions.
On your Galapagos vacation we also make sure that survival of the fittest is observed and not experienced... this is why we designed the M/Y Galapagos Grand Odyssey, a luxury yacht that represents a true evolution in the private yacht cruise industry.
A great Galapagos vacation itinerary that includes the main wildlife highlights what the Galapagos Islands have to offer. A variety of visitor sites including volcano hikes, Island trails, mangrove forests, turtle breeding farms, research centers, marine sites and more. A cruise on board the M/Y Galapagos Grand Odyssey will allow visitors to explore the both land animals and marine fauna of the Galapagos archipelago. Activities you can enjoy are trekking, horseback riding, snorkeling, scuba diving, beachcombing amongst others.
Snorkeling: This is a unique opportunity to experience the wonders of the Galapagos marine reserve like sea lions, sharks, turtles, penguins and marine iguanas flopping around the water.
Scuba Diving: Galapagos is one of the top diving spots in the world! With any immersion you may have the opportunity to see large pelagic fish, manta rays, stingrays, eagle rays, turtles, morays, hammerhead sharks and much more! You’ll have the opportunity to dive on one or two days during your cruise. More details about this activity and the dive sites can be given on request.
Hiking: Guided hikes will give you an amazing opportunity to get up close with nature. Moreover you will enjoy the truly spectacular landscapes of different geological formations.
Wildlife Observation and Bird Watching: The encounters with the unique and fearless animals at very short distances is absolutely one of the most fascinating aspects of your visit to the Galapagos Archipelago. Moreover the Galapagos Islands are a real bird watcher’s dream: 29 of the 58 resident bird species are endemic, such as the Darwin finches, the flightless cormorant, the red footed booby amongst others.
Tips & Hits
What to bring to the Galapagos!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sandals with thongs or Tevas for wet landings
- Light cotton socks
- Long-sleeved cotton shirts and T-shirts
- Light cotton scarf to protect your neck
- Lightweight long pants or skirt / dress
- Light rain jacket or wind breaker
- Sweatshirt, Sweater, light jacket
- Wide-brim hat
- Bathing suits
- Sun block lotion
- PABA sunscreen (at least # 15) - take lots, you will run out. The sun is very very hot here.
- Lip salve
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Extra eye glasses/ contact lenses
- Insect repellent, this is essential!
- Personal medication
- Self-sealing bags for electronic equipment
- Camera - and SLR is perfect to use here
- Underwater cameras to take photos of the animal life while snorkeling (take a few you will use them fast!)
- Camera gear
- Film and more film or enough flash memory to download pictures / memory cards, don’t underestimate how many photos you will take, some pople come back with over 2000 in 4 days!
- Binoculars in case you want to get a more detailed look at unique animals in Galapagos.
- Extra batteries for cameras
Money and Security
- Copy of passport
- US Cash mostly low denomination bills ($5 to $20)
- $100 entrance fee is required in cash on arrival in Galapagos
- Travel Insurance
- Motion Sickness pills
- Salted Crackers
- Candied Ginger or ginger tablets
- Patch / wrist bands
- Plastic Bags
- Pepto Bismol or Kaopectate for stomach upset and mild diarrhea.
- Immodium or Lomotil for more severe diarrhea
- Band - Aids
- Anti-biotic cream
- Aloe Vera cream or gel for sunburn
- Tylenol or other mild pain relief
- Class: Luxury
- Capacity: 16 Passengers
- Cabins: 8
- Length overall: 42 m
- Beam: 9 m
- Year of construction: 2011 in Guayaquil
- Hull: Monohull of marine steel
- Speed: 12 knots
- Ship registry: Guayaquil – Ecuador
- Deadweight: 450 tons
- Gross Tonnage: 480 tons
- Operated by: GalaOdyssey Cia. Ltda.
- Fuel Capacity: 6.000 gallons
- Port Registry : Guayaquil
- Machinery (Engines): 2 Caterpillar 340 HP
- Generators: Perkins 114 cabe A
- Water maker: 2000 gallons per day
- Water: 10000 gallons capacity
- Radar: 1 Radar Furuno 38.4 Km, 1 Radar Furuno 57.6 Km
- Navigation Equipment: 1 Satellite compass, 2 magnetic Compasses, Tracking equipment.
- Communication System : Satellite phone
- Radio: Several consoles HF-VHF-UHF, Nactex, Distrex and handheld units
- Security equipment: Smoke detectors, sprinklers throughout the vessel, automatic CO2 tank for kitchen and engine room
- Tender: 2 Zodiacs CARIBE C-18
- Life Rafts: 2 Zodiacs for 10 and 25 people