Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Lima
Upon arrival into Lima International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Our representative will assist you with check-in procedures and provide you with a detailed itinerary, vouchers covering all the services included in your tour and additional information on the organization of your Peru trip. You will also receive a contact information sheet with all the hotel details as well as our offices contact information for each city and a 24-hour emergency number.
Overnight in Lima.
Day 2: Lima Exploring the “City of the Kings” (B/-/-)
AM: Guided sightseeing tour to the most attractive and important sites in Lima, the "City of Kings". The tour includes Lima's Historical Centre, passing by Plaza San Martin, Plaza Mayor, the Government Palace, the City Hall, the Cathedral and its Religious Art Museum (it's construction was begun on the city's foundation, on January 18, 1535. We will visit the Convent and Church of San Francisco, considered by some as the greatest architectural complex of Colonial Art in America and Cultural Heritage of Humanity and the underground galleries or Catacombs that, during the Viceroyalty, served as a cemetery for the city. We then drive through the residential Districts.
PM: Visit Barranco Bohemian district. Barranco is a pleasant suburb of Lima that has kept its character much better than most of the city, and is the bohemian heart of the city. Continue with the visit of Pedro de Osma Museum. The privately-run Museo de Arte Virreynal Pedro de Osma has an exquisite collection of colonial art and furniture, as well as metalwork and sculpture from all over Peru.
Finally, visit Las Pallas, a stunning arts and crafts shop in the heart of Barranco, the city’s art-drenched, bohemian district. Bursting with color and striking designs, the variety of crafts sold in the gift shop at Las Pallas can be anything from weavings, ceramics and paintings to masks, baskets, charms and amulets.
Day 3-5: Lima / Cusco Resting program at Aranwa Hotel & Wellness
Transfer to the airport to aboard your flight to Cusco. Upon arrival to the Imperial City, you will be met by our transfer-man and private driver who will assist you with your luggage and will drive you to your hotel located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Our Resting in Aranwa program includes:
• The round trip transfers to/from the airport to the hotel in the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Cuzco.
• 2 nights accommodation at Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness and daily buffet breakfast
• A daily class of yoga
• Use of the facilities of the hotel: sauna, gym and meditation rooms
• 4 sessions of massages: Swedish, therapeutic, reflexology and shiatsu of 60 minutes each
• 1 Thermal basic circuit: hydro massage and sauna – approx. 1:20 hrs.
Day 05: Sacred Valley / Machupicchu (B/L/-)
Your private guide will meet you at your hotel early this morning. You will be driven to the train station to board the Vistadome train, for a dramatic train ride to Machu Picchu (6180 feet), the great mountain-top city abandoned by the Inca Empire, reclaimed by the jungle and lost to humanity until its rediscovery in 1911. It sits on a mountain site of extraordinary beauty, in the middle of a tropical mountain forest; Machu Picchu was probably the most amazing urban creation of the Inca Empire at its height, with its giant walls, terraces and ramps, which appear as though they have been cut naturally in the continuous rock escarpments. Upon arrival to the ruins, a guided tour of the lost citadel. Lunch included at Machupicchu Sanctuary Lodge. Dinner included at the hotel.
Overnight in Machupicchu.
Day 06: Second day in Machupicchu (B/-/-)
Check out at 10am. Morning at leisure without guide. (2nd entrance fee are included)
Excellent opportunity to wake up early and enjoy with a beautiful sunrise. Then, you will have time to perform some of the following activities by your own:
Visit the Citadel of Machu Picchu for the second time.
For the most adventurous people, we suggest to go up the Huayna Picchu (if it is not raining) from where you can appreciate the immensity of Machu Picchu, even more amazing being high and distant. Arriving at the top takes about two hours and a half and it must be before 13:00 hours. It is necessary to register in a office at the beginning of the trail.
In the afternoon, back to Cusco by train, and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Cusco.
Day 07: Visit Cusco, the “Navel of the World” (B/-/-)
Walking city tour, including a visit to the district of San Blas, with its winding streets, the whitewashed houses, the blue balconies hung with geranium-filled flowerpots, the uneven line of the tiled rooftops and the endless stairways. In the neighbourhood live the folk artists of Cusco, who for centuries have used their hands to tell the tale of their longings and frustrations working in stone and woodcarving, sculpture, doll-making, silverware, weaving and textile arts, gold-leaf, mask-making, and an array of ceramics in utilitarian, architectural, sculptural, monumental, grotesque and many other styles for example Edilberto Merida, renowned sculptor. He looked to religion for his primary inspiration, but he moved away from traditional religious images, by making grotesque images with exaggerated features. It is a form of sculpture that has come to be known as "mud of protest." His style is one of expressionism and has thus been referred to as Expresionismo Indio. Then visit the Pre-Columbian Art Museum, the only museum in Peru dedicated to rebound the arts of ancient Peruvian cultures. The collection of 450 master pieces date from 1250 B.C to.1532 A.D.
Continue with a visit to the Cathedral, the Main Square, the Korikancha temple.
PM: at leisure for personal activities.
Day 08: Cusco / Lima (B/-/-)
Transfer to the airport. Arrival in Lima, assistance at the airport for your international flight departure.
Highlights of the Itinerary
- Cusco, the capital of the Inca Empire known as the archaeological capital of the Americas.
- 2 nights at Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness; and use of the facilities: sauna, gym and meditation rooms.
- A daily class of yoga
- 4 sessions of massages: Swedish, therapeutic, reflexology and shiatsu of 60 minutes each
- Visit to Machu Picchu, one of the New 7 Wonders, will definitively take your breath away... you need to experience it to understand it!!!
- Day 1: International Arrival in Lima
- Day 2: Lima Exploring the "City of the Kings" (B/-/-)
- Day 3-5:Lima / Cusco: Resting program at Aranwa Hotel & Wellness
- Day 5: Full day tour Machu Picchu (B/L/-)
- Day 6: Second entrance to Machu Picchu (B/-/-)
- Day 7: Cusco, the "Navel of the World" (B/-/-)
- Day 8: Lima- International Departure (B/-/-)
- Transportation airport / Hotel / airport
- 07 nights’ accommodation in a double room.
- Private services with local English-speaking guides.
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B/L/D)
- Tickets from entrance to Machu Picchu and archaeological sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tickets for round trip bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu)
- Round trip tickets on the train service from the Sacred Valley Vistadome.
- Permanent assistance by our offices in each city.
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Meals or any other item not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips to guides and hotel staff.
- Local Peruvian Taxes (18% tax is applicable only to Peruvian and foreigners living in Peru, to pay no need to show passport.
- Items not specified.