Day by Day Itinerary
DAY 1: Arrival in Lima
Upon arrival in Lima International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to Costa del Sol Ramada Hotel located at the airport. Our representative will assist you with check-in procedures and provide you with a detailed itinerary, vouchers covering all the services included in your tour and additional information on the organization of your Peru trip. You will also receive a contact information sheet with all the hotel details as well as our offices contact information for each city and a 24-hour emergency number. Overnight in Lima.
Day 2: Cusco, Capital of the Inca Empire (B/L/D)
After breakfast at the hotel you will board your flight to Cusco. Upon your arrival to Cusco's airport you will be met by our representative who will assist you with your luggage and drive you to the hotel at The Sacred Valley, located at 2300 m. This is less height than Cusco city and will help you to avoid altitude sickness. On Route you will visit four nearby ruins: The impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman; The Ruins of Kenko; Tambomachay, also known as the “Baños del Inca”, and Puka Pukara. Then you will continue to visit Pisac Market where you will have opportunity to interact with farmers and even negotiate with sellers.
Lunch will be served at the restaurant 3 Keros, a restaurant serving “Novoandina” cuisine.
At the end of the day you will visit the Inca Fortress and Citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the jungle tribes. Later, it was the scene of the Inca resistance against the troops of Hernando Pizarro.
Dinner tasting menu served at “La Cava”, where some of the finest wines in the world are store. You might try some of the Peruvian or South American wines; or even try one of the bottles from its collection of over a hundred labels of the most important wineries in the world. All the experience of the Chef and sommelier, and the richness of Peruvian food promises the most sublime and harmonious meal.
Overnight at Sol & Luna Hotel (standard room) located in a wonderful atmosphere: the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Day 3: Cooking Demonstration in the Sacred Valley (D/L/-)
Enjoy a special gastronomic proposal while you discover the variety and bounty of the Peruvian cuisine.
The following demonstrations will be presented:
Pisco Sour: The bartender will share the traditional Pisco Sour recipe. Afterwards, you will taste and discover the benefits of Peru´s national drink.
An interactive display of carved fruits and vegetable: Our chef presents his carvings and gives us the opportunity to learn their carving techniques.
Demonstration and tasting of the most renowned dishes from creole and traditional Peruvian cuisine like ceviche, ocopa and huancaina sauce, sautéed alpaca sirloin and quinua soup.
Finally the exposure of native and exotic fruits.
This service is developed on the roof of “WAYRA”, which facilities offer the ideal setting to enjoy this unique service. The activity has an estimated duration of 1 hour, and it is very versatile, giving guests the opportunity to interact with the chef.
Combine the delights of the valley with a traditional Peruvian Paso Horse and Marinera Show. Behind the Peruvian Paso Horse exists a great tradition filled with folklore and a mixture of cultures. Wayra offers an exhibition where the elegance and rhythmic of his walk is shown in harmony with the spirit and nobility of the horses.
Afternoon at leisure to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. Overnight at Sol y Luna lodge.
Day 4: Machu Picchu (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning transfer to the train station for an amazing train journey to the famous Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, the great mountain-top city abandoned by the Inca Empire, reclaimed by the jungle and lost to humanity until its rediscovery in 1911. Arrival to the town of Aguas Calientes, from where you will board the bus that will take you on a 20 minute ride up to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Your guide will explain us the surprising degree of technology achieved by the builders of this incredible citadel. The exact precision on the massive stone buildings, the water channels that reveal a deep understanding of hydraulics, the steps carved into the rock of the mountain and the Intihuatana (or “the highest point of the Sun”), which served as a solar calendar that regulate planting and harvesting, are tangible and concrete expression of the deep knowledge and technological advancement of the empire.
All these building, along with the Temple of the Sun, The Royal Tomb, The Priest’s House,
Lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge Restaurant. Dinner included at your hotel.
Overnight in Machupicchu.
Day 5: Back to Cusco (B/-/-)
Check out at 10am.
Morning at leisure to enjoy the beautiful facilities of the hotel or to re- enter the citadel of Machu Picchu (second entry not included). In the afternoon you will take the Vistadome train back to Ollantaytambo and then transfer by private car to Cusco.
Overnight in Cusco.
Day 6: cultural fusion and mystical places (B/L/-)
The tour will take you to a local market, were you will interact with sellers barging for traditional ingredients, which will then be used in a fantastic culinary lesson in a Cusqueño house, where you will discover the variety of Peruvian food in a cozy environment.
You will depart early in the morning from your hotel to Cusco’s food market, where you will receive a briefing by our Chef about local ingredients, and also have the opportunity to buy them, interacting with local producers and suppliers, a whole experiential sojourn in a traditional Andean market. Then the chef invites you to his house for a private cooking class.
The cooking lesson begins with the preparation of the famous Pisco Sour, followed by some entries and main dishes. You will have the opportunity to interact with the chef and really get the most out of this culinary lesson. In the afternoon enjoy a walking city tour, visiting the main square, the church of San Blas, The Museum of Pre-Columbian Art and the Cathedral. Overnight in Cusco.
Day 7: Lima & outbound international flight (B/L/-)
Transfer to Cusco Airport to board your flight to Lima.
Upon your arrival in Lima you will be met by our representative who will transfer you to one of the restaurants owned by the international chef Gaston Acurio, who inspired by local traditions and ingredients innovates Peruvian Cuisine.
Some of its restaurants are Astrid & Gaston, ranked as one of the world’s best restaurants; La Mar cebichería, Tanta Peruvian bistro, Panchita Peruvian Barbeque and Madam Tusan, a fusion between Peruvian and Chinese food.
On the afternoon, continue with a guided city tour to the most attractive and important sites in Lima, also called the "City of Kings". The tour includes Lima's Historical Centre, passing by Plaza San Martin, Plaza Mayor, the Government Palace, the City Hall, the Cathedral and its Religious Art Museum.
Transfer to the Airport to board your flight to your next destination and assistance with your luggage, airport tax payment and airline check-in procedures.
- Day 1: International Arrival in Lima
- Day 2: Cusco´s nearby Ruins & Sacred Valley incl. Pisac Market (B/L/D)
- Day 3: Sacred Valley: Cooking demonstration & Traditional Peruvian Paso Horse and Marinera Show (B/L/-)
- Day 4: Full day tour Machu Picchu (B/L/D)
- Day 5: Day at leisure in Machu Picchu (B/-/-)
- Day 6: Cusco: Visit to a local market and private culinary lesson (B/L/-)
- Day 7: Cusco / Lima: Visit to the Gaston Acurio restaurant of your choice/ International Departure (B/-/-)
Highlights of the Itinerary
- Lima: considered the "gastronomic pearl" in South America and the most authentic expression of trendy Peruvian cuisine.
- Cusco: a very cosmopolitan city and a wonderful hybrid between the Inca and Spanish world. As a proof of this fusion, Cusco nowadays features a variety of gourmet restaurants displaying the best of international and Novoandean food.
- The Sacred Valley of the Incas: was the breadbasket of the Empire and nowadays it's still important for agriculture, as farmers plant the same fields they did in Inca times with the same crops!
- Machu Picchu: one of the New 7 Wonders, will definitively take your breath away you need to experience it to understand it!!!
- Transportation airport / Hotel / airport
- 06 nights’ accommodation in a double room.
- Private services with local English-speaking guides.
- Meals as indicated in itinerary (B/L/D)
- Tickets from entrance to Machu Picchu and archaeological sites mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tickets for round trip bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu)
- Round trip tickets on the train service from the Sacred Valley Vistadome.
- Permanent assistance by our offices in each city.
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Meals or any other item not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips to guides and hotel staff.
- Local Peruvian Taxes (18% tax is applicable only to Peruvian and foreigners living in Peru, to pay no need to show passport.