NEW BOUTIQUE HOTEL AT EMBLEMATIC SQUARE OF ITS HISTORIC CENTRE
The fascinating and unique charm of the emblematic Square of San Francisco, one of the major beacons of Quito, the capital of Ecuador’s history since Pre-Incan days, will have, since the present month of September, a new landmark feature: the luxurious Casa Gangotena Boutique Hotel.
Located on the southern edge of the famous square, just feet away from the near five hundred year old imposing Church and Convent of San Francisco; Casa Gangotena is a newly restored aristocratic mansion, which will become one of the most exclusive and tempting lodging options for travelers who can now combine top-notch luxury and modern technology, with the unique ambiance of a Patrimonial Home, located in the heart of the “Old City”, which maintains its original architectonic style and a superbly classy interior design that blends to perfection the antique with the most sophisticated contemporary design.
The Hotel boasts 31 superior rooms, beautifully decorated and equipped not only to satisfy but to truly impress the most demanding of voyagers. Each room is beautifully furnished with ample spaces, elegant amenities, state-of-the-art technology and, of course, impressively appointed private bathrooms.
The new 31 rooms hotel occupies a grand house on the corner of Plaza San Francisco, whose history stretches back to the time of the Incas, and it was one of the first plots allotted in the Colonial period. Over the following centuries, various wealthy families built their homes around the square, among them Casa Gangotena.
The Casa Gangotena, its last incarnation dating from early 20th century and included in Quito’s list of heritage properties, rises on the square’s south-western corner, the interiors of its three floors beautifully appointed with a feel of sophisticated yet understated luxury throughout. The style is eclectic and eye-catching, mixing Art Nouveau with contemporary design.
Attention-to-detail during restoration has been exceptional, maintaining nearly all of the house’s original architectural features. These include its tall, elegant windows, which provide fantastic views of the Panecillo hillside, the plaza and the cosy, characteristic inner courtyard. The restoration also reinforced the mansion from the bottom up, making it stronger than ever for the coming centuries.
The hotel features wonderful spaces for different moods and times of day: a garden-patio brimming with native plants, a dining room ideal for enjoying refined culinary experiences or simply people-watching in the square beyond, and a roof-top terrace with wrap-around views of the historic centre’s towers, tiles and spires – an unbeatable spot to watch the frequent religious and cultural events on the square below.
• Luxury Boutique Hotel
• Eclectic styles, mixing Art Nouveau with contemporary design
• Eye-catching architecture, with many original features restored
• Located in heart of Quito’s historic neighbourhood, on corner of Plaza San Francisco
• Part of the city’s list of heritage properties
• Historic: Pre-Incan and Incan site; later a colonial mansion; then the 20th-century residence of several wealthy families
• Delicious Ecuadorian and international cuisine conjuring the finest local ingredients
• Roof-top terrace with stunning views
• Quito’s compelling attractions lie just beyond the doorstep
• Due to the character of this heritage building, the hotel has rooms and suites of varying sizes and locations. The average room sixe is 35m2. (377 sq. ft.).
Room and Suite Types:
• 2 suites that may also be used as two connecting Luxury rooms. Balcony Junior Suite:
• 1 king-size bed.
• 1 king-size bed.
Plaza View rooms:
• 8 rooms: 3 rooms double beds (2 full-size beds), 5 rooms king-size bed.
• 21 rooms: 14 double beds (2 full-size beds), 7 rooms king-size bed.
• 1 room equipped for guests with special needs.
Room and Suite Features:
• 32” flat screen TV
• Cable TV with over 90 national and international channels
• International telephone IDD
• Air conditioning and heating
• In-room safety deposit box
• All bathrooms have showers and bathtubs
• Luxury bathroom amenities
SERVICES & FACILITIES
• 24-hour room service
• 24-hour reception and concierge
• Laundry service
• Electronic concierge
• Patio and outdoor garden
• Reading and briefings room
• Internet lounge
• WiFi throughout the entire hotel
• Dining room
• Non-smoking hotel
• Terrace bar overlooking San Francisco square exclusive for resident guest
• Emergency electricity generator
• Water-sprinkler system
• Electronic room keys
• Fire prevention and precaution systems
• Closed circuit surveillance and security guards
• 2 guest lifts
• 1 service lift
Prices are gross per room, per night and includes taxes (subject to change)
Special prices will apply in combination with our own Galapagos vessels & Mashpi Lodge
- Infants, up to 2 years old, sharing bed with their parents, have no cost. The hotel has cribs available upon request.
- Children up to 15 years old can share the bed with their parents, without cost; however, cost of breakfast will be charged. Maximum two children per room. Accommodation with additional bed is subject to availability.
- Children over 15 are considered adults for effects of applicable rates, and will require additional rooms. For the comfort of families traveling together, the hotel has two pairs of interconnected rooms (100 and 101) on the first floor and (200 and 201) on the second floor (subject to availability).
- There are two pair of interconnected rooms on the firs floor and two on the second floor