Finch Bay Eco Hotel & Yachts information
Located amid superb natural beauty the Finch Bay Eco Hotel is the perfect complement to your Galápagos Expedition.
The charming Finch Bay - named after the famous Darwin's Finches abundant in the area and its surroundings - is just steps from the beach on a private seaside location, surrounded by mangroves.
Here guests can cherish the privacy, great natural surroundings and superb service offered by the Hotel. Located on Santa Cruz Island at Punta Estrada, across the bay from the town of Puerto Ayora, it is situated in a quiet location, with only pedestrian and bicycle circulation - there are no cars in the neighborhood.
Finch Bay Eco Hotel Facilities
Finch Bay is the only full-service Galapagos Eco-Hotel situated directly on a beach.
- Eco-Hotel with International Service Standards
- 6 ocean-view suites and 21 rooms with twin or king size beds (one cot for child)
- Of the 21 rooms: 17 rooms at ground level, 4 rooms on second floor
- Modern design incorporating Galapagos' natural elements
- Each room has wooden blinds, a black-out curtain, tile floors and a telephone.
- All rooms are nonsmoking
- Air conditioned rooms (via in-room remote control),
- Each room has a private bath with hot water, hair dryers and soap and shampoo dispensers.
- Beach towels available
- On-site desalinization and purification plant
- Ice machine
- Laundry service
- Private Outdoor Pool (open 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM)
- Mangrove-rich coastline
- Bar and Lounge
- Restaurant featuring International Cuisine (tastefully blended with local flavors). Buffet Breakfast. Both, fixed menus and a la carte menus for lunch and dinner
- Vegetarian and special dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Communications: telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet access.
- Beautiful grounds for strolling
- Beach-front access
- No motorized vehicles
- No paved roads
- Day trips to nearby islands, via yacht, as per itinerary
- Multisport Nature Active Options: Scuba Diving, Bird watching, Hiking, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Wildlife Observation, Bay Tours, Stargazing.
Environmental Interpretation with Galapagos Naturalists
Finch Bay Eco Hotel - Type of rooms
6 Ocean View Suites
21 Garden View Rooms
Finch Bay Eco Hotel daily Yacht Expeditions
SEA LION YACHT
Built: in 1987 by Van der Hoeven Yachts of Holland
Remodeling: 2009 in Guayaquil, Ecuador
Capacity: 16 guests
Tonnage: 60.57 tons.
Length: 74 feet / 22.5 meters
Width: 17 feet / 5.2 meters
Motors: 2 x 275 HP Caterpillar, Model C-7
Crew: 4 plus 2 naturalist guides
SEA FINCH YACHT
Built: 1988 by Hatteras (United States)
Remodeling: 2006 in Guayaquil, Ecuador
Capacity: 20 guests
Tonnage: 30 tons.
Length: 58 feet / 17.67 meters
Width: 15 feet / 4.57 meters
Motors: 2 Detroit Diesel 8V71
Crew: 4 plus 1 naturalist guide