Isabela II Yacht information
Our 40-guest vessel has the most in-depth week itinerary. Is a classic yacht cruising the Galapagos, and offers an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere for experiencing the full adventure of the Islands. The yacht is fully air-conditioned; all cabins are spacious and have private bathrooms. Its three public decks offer the amenities of a larger vessel, including bar-salon, dining room and sun deck. The library contains a large selection of reference books on Galapagos and Ecuador, as well as excellent nature and conservation videos, making this reference library the most complete source of information of any Galapagos vessel.
From dining room to stateroom, one senses the superior quality at all levels of service. ISABELA's trained chefs prepare a superb a-la-carte selection of meals. Our helpful, warm staff attends to your every need. Hotel Managers have a great taste for details.
The sun deck is comprised of a bar with ample outdoor seating, an observation area for whale and dolphin watching, a Jacuzzi and solarium. As an alternative to snorkeling, the glass-bottom boat offers another opportunity to observe the Galapagos rich marine life.
Every day features new and exciting outings whether for hikes on nature trails; observation of fauna, flora and geological formations; dinghy rides along islets or the coastline; swimming and/or snorkeling activities
Our Expedition Team consists of three Naturalists. All will delight guests with diverse natural history explanations, superb on-deck talks, and eye-catching lectures regarding natural history issues. Their multimedia presentations and recaps will complement the day's activities. Together with the Captain, they will plan the day's program. They are masters of Galapagos' knowledge. Soon enough, our Naturalists will become the highlight of your voyage. At night, when pitch-dark starry skies are seen, stargazing is an amazing nocturnal activity. The southern skies are beautifully arranged with awesome constellations.
• Construction: 1979
• Reconstruction: Pensacola, Florida, 1988
• Refurbishment: Panama, March 2000
• Category: Deluxe
• Gross Tonnage: 1.025 tons.
• Type of Vessel: Motor Yacht
• Capacity: 40 guests
• Length: 53.72 meters (166 feet)
• Beam: 11.58 meters (38 feet)
• Speed: 10 knots
• Electricity: 110 Volts 60 Hz.
• Engines: 2 GM Detroit Diesel 900 BHP each
• Navigation Equipment: Gyrocompass, Automatic Pilot, radar, and GPS
• Safety Certificates: SOLAS 74 - ISM
• Fire Detector: Automatic with control from the bridge.
• Life Jackets: In each cabin
• Lifeboats: 2 units semi enclosed
• Landing Craft: 3 Zodiacs + glass bottom boat
• Owner: ETICA / Metropolitan Touring
• Decks: 3 (Sun deck, Cabin deck, Main deck)
• Crew: 24
• Naturalist: 3
• Medical Officer: Permanently on board
Services and Facilities
• Bar - Lounge, Boutique
• Gift Shop
• Radio, telephone, E-mail, and Fax communications
• PA System
• Snorkeling Equipment
• Multimedia natural history lectures
• Stargazing Program
• Digital camera and underwater housing
• Glass bottom boat
• Reading Room & Natural History Library
• Air conditioned throughout
• Safety boxes
• Hair dryers
• Wet suits for snorkeling in cooler waters
• Sea Kayaks
Bar and relax area
- 15 standard cabins with twin beds
- 1 cabin with double bed for single or double use
- 2 classic cabins with double bed plus a single sofa-bed for double or triple use
1 Master Suite cabin with queen bed